AP and remote IP

Gabriele Cardosi gabrio68 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 09:43:45 CEST 2011

Hi All,
I am a complete noob about radius - and freeradius, so please forgive if
the question is silly.
For a project I would like to develop, I would need to be able to
retrieve the ip of a device  wireless-connected to an access point that
use freeradius for "authentication".
I created a testing user and set up the client "secret", and I am able
to connect the device (a mobile phone) to the access point
authenticating it with the freeradius, but in the log what I see is the
client's (i.e. the access point) IP, the clients (AP) mac, and the
device mac. Is it possible to have the device ip sent (and stored)
somehow to the freeradius? I read something about ip pool, but I have
the impression that it can't be used in this setting.

Thanks
Gabriele