problem with chillispot

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Aug 30 09:58:01 CEST 2011

On 30 Aug 2011, at 07:21, Goke M Aruna wrote:

> Hello Alan,
> Is it bug on freeradius v2?
> I got the chillispot working with freeradius 1.7 then and still tested
> same recently but v2 of radius give same error while v1 work
> seamlessly. I compiled this on centos 5.6.

There's a dissector in Wireshark which you can use to decode RADIUS packets, IIRC it lets you specify a shared secret. Please verify that wireshark  can decrypt the User-Password attribute in the request (assuming you're doing PAP), if it can't then the problem is with chillispot, if it can then the problem is with your FreeRADIUS config.

It is *HIGHLY* unlikely that this basic functionality is broken in v2 because of the widespread deployment of FreeRADIUS.

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

RADIUS - Half the complexity of Diameter