traffic limiting & QoS attributes (noob RADIUS question)

Rogelio scubacuda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 18:27:02 CET 2011

I'm looking up how RADIUS can limit / throttle various traffic, and I'm
wondering what attributes there are that do this.

The application would be for an ISP that wants to throttle users who
attach to a certain access point.  People who attach would then
authenticate to RADIUS and then get assigned a certain profile (say,
"best effort" and "premium").

I'm new to RADIUS, and I'm hoping to see what types of QoS is available
at the RADIUS level so that I can see what other QoS stuff we might need
to put in place.

thx in advance!

Rogelio