Having trouble with MSCHAP

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Dec 5 19:06:18 CET 2011

Hi,

>    I configured Freeradius 2.1.10 Debian 6.0.2 using EAP-TLS authentication.
>    I generated the client and server certificated with XP extention. I
>    created my certificated in the freeradius server, is that ok? or I have to
>    create it in a different machine?  I am validating my client (Windows XP)
>    with the server and I get this error:

the answers are in the debug output you posted.....just go through
the 'PEAP ping/pong' until the inner-tunnel ahs been established
and the actual auth is done....its near the bottom..

>    [mschapv2] +- entering group MS-CHAP {...}
>    [mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password.
>    [mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create NT-Password.
>    [mschap] NT Domain delimeter found, should we have enabled
>    with_ntdomain_hack?
>    [mschap] Creating challenge hash with username: PDVSA2000\TORREALBAW
>    [mschap] Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for PDVSA2000\TORREALBAW with NT-Password
>    [mschap] FAILED: No NT/LM-Password.  Cannot perform authentication.
>    [mschap] FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect

have you set with_ntdomain_hack = yes  ?   have you configured the RADIUS
so that the realm PDVSA2000 is known (add it to proxy.conf like

realm PDVSA2000 {
}

alan