Problem with accounting and sql

Paul Thornton prt at prt.org
Fri Dec 9 11:30:11 CET 2011

Hi Alan,

On 09/12/2011 01:57, Alan DeKok wrote:
>   OK... the debug log shows you have a little more upgrading to do for
> it work "best" in 2.x, but that's OK.

Indeed - as I have my head in FreeRADIUS today, it may well be time to
clear out all those old User-Passwords!

>   Except that the accounting is showing the "unix" module returning "fail".

Yes.  And I'd been guilty of thinking of an accounting request as more
like a syslog/trap "fire and forget" message and hadn't really
appreciated that an accounting message can fail.  Now suitably educated.

>> accounting {
>>         #  Update the wtmp file
>>         #
>>         #  If you don't use "radlast", you can delete this line.
>>         unix
>
>   Delete that line, and it will probably start working.

And indeed it did.  Its always the silly simple things, and of course
makes perfect sense what was broken now.  Many thanks for the quick
response.

>   Try using the debug form on http://networkradius.com/.  It will
> highlight things which you should look at in more detail.

That looks good - I hadn't seen that before, thanks.

Paul.