Linksys WIFI Authentication using freeradius?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Dec 9 18:59:16 CET 2011

Michel Bulgado wrote:
> Excuse me everyone on the list for insisting so much with this issue,
> I'm interested in solving this problem.

  Solving the problem means buying a NAS which works.  Linksys ones are
usually NOT good enough for what you want to do.

> In conclusion what we discussed, my Linksys router when accounting
> packets sent after authenticating my user, but not shown or at least are
> suppressed by TTLS. is not so?

  I have no idea what that means.

> So should I change the mechanism to use!

  If the NAS isn't doing accounting correctly, blame the NAS.

  This is *ALWAYS* the problem with RADIUS.  The NAS is in control of
*everything*.  If something is going wrong, then BLAME THE NAS.

  No amount of poking FreeRADIUS or posting on this list will result in
your NAS magically working.

> Can you recommend any, that the process simple client-side that does not
> involve installation of certificates in the client side.
>
> As simple as the user only have to put user and password to connect

  It's impossible.  WiFi 802.1X doesn't work that way.