Freeradius as a PIN server?

Nick Owen nowen at wikidsystems.com
Tue Dec 13 18:58:18 CET 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Peter Moreton
<Peter.Moreton at cbi.org.uk> wrote:
> Sorry for the newbie question, but, quite simply, could Freeradius be
> configured to provide a simple ‘PIN Server’ ? – I want users to be able to
> choose a 4 digit PIN, and then have Freeradius validate Logon requests using
> the username/PIN combination (in addition to some separate LDAP
> authentication)
>

> Really, I am looking to build a lightweight 2-factor authentication system,
> without the expense of RSA SecurID or similar.

I'm afraid knowledge of a PIN and knowledge of a password is not
two-factor authentication, it is just more of a one-factor
authentication.

Feel free to use our open-source two-factor authentication system:
http://www.wikidsystems.com/community-version.  If someone wants to
contribute a freeradius rlm module using one of our api packages, we
would greatly appreciate it:
http://www.wikidsystems.com/downloads/network-clients

Nick

Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
404.962.8983
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication