alert bad certificate with Windows XP

Angelica Delgado angelicadel230 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 01:23:28 CET 2011

Hello,

I am using a certificate from incommon for eap/peap setup.  It works
with Windows 7 when validate certificate is enabled but not with
Windows XP.  Windows XP works only without
the certificate validation.  Following is the error that I am getting
with Windows XP system:

[eap] processing type peap
[peap] processing EAP-TLS
[peap] eaptls_verify returned 7
[peap] Done initial handshake
[peap] <<< TLS 1.0 Alert [length 0002], fatal bad_certificate
TLS Alert read:fatal:bad certificate
    TLS_accept:failed in SSLv3 read client certificate A
rlm_eap: SSL error error:14094412:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3
alert bad certificate
SSL: SSL_read failed inside of TLS (-1), TLS session fails.

Do we need to do something special for Windows XP systems?

Thanks in advance,
Angela