FreeRADIUS Accounting data sync

KatsuroKurosaki joaquimsb89 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 11:15:16 CET 2011

Fajar A. Nugraha-2 wrote

> FR shouldn't print that. What do you mean it "prints on the screen"?

I mean: while debugging ( /freeradius -X/ ) I have Server A as primary and
server B as secondary (or back-up, fail-over,...). Then: I do a login
process, and Server A is running, I'm logged in with no problems, and
suddently server A fails (stopping the service). Then when I send the logout
request, server A is dead, then the process is done by server B. But what I
see on debug screen on server B, when I logout is this:

/[radutmp] 	expand: /var/log/freeradius/radutmp ->
/var/log/freeradius/radutmp
[radutmp] 	expand: %{User-Name} -> pruebas
rlm_radutmp: Logout for NAS SurfLabs Phys port 2151677953, *but no Login
record*
++[radutmp] returns ok/

Fajar A. Nugraha-2 wrote

> sql_log has nothing to do with accounting.

Thanks, module disabled.

Fajar A. Nugraha-2 wrote

>> Detail listener /var/log/freeradius/radacct/detail state replied
>> signalled 0
>> waiting 0.000477 sec
>> Detail - unlinking /var/log/freeradius/radacct/detail.work
>> Detail listener /var/log/freeradius/radacct/detail state unopened
>> signalled
>> 0 waiting 1.085813 sec
>> Waking up in 1.0 seconds.
>
> That is normal. It's because the server didn't receive any accounting
> packets.
>
> What happens if you send accounting packet to server A now? does both
> server A and B receive it?

No, only server A receives and processes it. Then, if server A fails, server
B starts processing requests, and when receives the logout request sent
before to server A, server B debugs on the screen what I answered above (
the /No Login record/ thing ).

I need some advices of how can I have all the Authorization, Authentication
and Accounting data replicated to both servers (A and B), so one of them is
the main server (Server A), and the other is the backup server (Server B) if
server A fails (reboot machine for maintenance, no network connection,...),
then server B starts processing requests, like server A was doing.

Thanks and regards.