Changing Schema for radippool

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Dec 15 09:59:38 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Hitesh Vinzoda <hiteshvinzoda at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Fajar,
>
> We have uncommented the pool-key for NAS-PORT & CALLING-STATION-ID under
> sqlippool.conf and hence want the calling-station-id to be used when the
> lease expires/new session such that user has more chances of getting the
> same ip address again.
>
> pool-key = "%{NAS-Port}"
> pool-key = "%{Calling-Station-Id}"

I'm pretty sure that won't work. Only one of them can be active.

Is the value of NAS-Port persistent for every client? If yes, it's
easier to just use that. If no, then comment-out the Nas-Port line.

> As i said earlier, the CALLING_STATION-ID sent by LAC is so long that the
> first 30 characters are always unique and we end up in users competing for
> the same IP address i.e. duplicate IP address. so that is the reason we want
> to modify the schema for RADIPPOOL where field CALLING-STATION-ID is
> varchar(30) and we would modify is to varchar(100)

Try it and see :)

As I said earlier though, for ip address allocation purposes, you
should only need to adjust pool_key column, as callingstationid column
should be informational only.

Another alternative, if you don't really know how long your longest
calling-station-id will be, is to change pool_key column to
varchar(32) and use something like this on sqlippool.conf:

 pool-key = "%{md5:%{Calling-Station-Id}}"

--
Fajar