Changing Schema for radippool

Hitesh Vinzoda hiteshvinzoda at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 09:38:03 CET 2011

Hi Fajar,

We have uncommented the pool-key for NAS-PORT & CALLING-STATION-ID under sqlippool.conf and hence want the calling-station-id to be used when the lease expires/new session such that user has more chances of getting the same ip address again.

pool-key = "%{NAS-Port}"

pool-key = "%{Calling-Station-Id}"

As i said earlier, the CALLING_STATION-ID sent by LAC is so long that the first 30 characters are always unique and we end up in users competing for the same IP address i.e. duplicate IP address. so that is the reason we want to modify the schema for RADIPPOOL where field CALLING-STATION-ID is varchar(30) and we would modify is to varchar(100)

Please advise.

TIA

Hitesh Vinzoda
Network Administrator
+91-9924117399
www.vinzoda.in

"There are 10 types of people in this world.
One who can understand binary and other's can't."