Changing Schema for radippool

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Dec 15 07:55:27 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Hitesh Vinzoda <hiteshvinzoda at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our provider is sending the calling-station-id usually larger than 50
> characters while the schema for RADIPPOOL table in MYSQL has defined this
> field for 30 CHARACTERS. because of this we are seeing unusual behaviour in
> IP address assignment as first 35 characters are same for all users and last
> part varies.

AFAIK the column you need to change is pool-key. But before you do
that, take a look at the comment on sqlippool.conf

 ## Attribute which should be considered unique per NAS
 ## Using NAS-Port gives behaviour similar to rlm_ippool. (And ACS)
 ## Using Calling-Station-Id works for NAS that send fixed NAS-Port
 ## ONLY change this if you know what you are doing!
 pool-key = "%{NAS-Port}"
 # pool-key = "%{Calling-Station-Id}"

if NAS-Port is unique, better just use that.

> I want to change it to 100. Is it advisable to change the field
> schema in RADIPPOOL?

It shouldn't be a problem, although I'd recommend just use NAS-Port as pool-key.

--
Fajar