Hi

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Dec 19 23:14:46 CET 2011

Hi,

>    Yeah,
>    It runs, and appears "Ready to process requests."
>    but the problem is that when I try to connect to the server, appears this:
>    Ready to process requests.
>    rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 60270, id=145,
>    length=77
>            User-Name = "jeisson"
>            User-Password = "jeisson"
>            NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.1.1
>            NAS-Port = 0
>            Message-Authenticator = 0x551be41a95b990609267894baf79a4df
>    +- entering group authorize {...}
>    Violaci�n de segmento
>    and the server stop.
>    pdst: the last line from the output is in Spanish, it means "segment
>    fault"

127.0.1.1 - you sent the request to 'localhost' - should be 127.0.0.1 - what does
your /etc/hosts look like?

2.1.8 is old, had many issues and got replaced some time ago - can you get the latest
version for your distro?  otherwise, its a case of hunt the bug - which is why I pointed
you to looking at the docs...lets see if theres a web version around...ah yes
http://freeradius.org/radiusd/doc/bugs

not sure if this will help you though as you installed via package

you might get more milage by rolling your own..

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Build#Building+Ubuntu+packages

alan