GUID based Authentication on FreeRadius

McSparin, Joe jmcsparin at hillcountrymemorial.org
Wed Dec 28 16:13:42 CET 2011

Well that answers that then.
My goal is, I have users that will connect wirelessly using their NT
domain username and password on the hospitals wireless devices.
I also however have doctors that will bring in their own laptops and
connect.  When they connect with their laptops though I do not want them
to have the same privileges as when they connect on the hospital
wireless devices.
If they are connecting with their home laptops even though they use
their Ntdomain user name and password which the radius server will
accept I want to restrict them to a public vlan.
If they connect using a hospital device then I want it to assign them to
a vlan based on their NTDomain User Group.  Since this is a hospital I
have to have pretty strict security regulations with users.

Thanks,

Joseph R. McSparin
Network Administrator
Hill Country Memorial Hospital