Different Installation paths between source and yum giving error of missing directory

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Feb 1 22:39:17 CET 2011

On 02/01/2011 04:15 PM, Samuel wrote:

> Please pardon me if this has been addressed before; my search on the
> site has  not helped me solve my problem.
> I installed freeradius 2.1.10 from source and the raddb folder was put
> in /usr/local/etc whereas yum put it in /etc.
>
> I deleted the files in /usr/local/etc/  and used yum to install but i
> get an error that /usr/local/etc/raddb cannot be found when I run
> radiusd -X. Where is radiusd picking that path from ?

How are you running radiusd? If you installed the freeradius rpms then
radiusd will be in /usr/sbin/radiusd

Most questions concerning yum, rpm and freeradius have answers here:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

Including how to figure out where files are located.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/