Proxy Maintenance Process

Brian Carpio bcarpio at broadhop.com
Fri Feb 4 18:52:12 CET 2011

Hi All,

Currently we are using freeradiusd to proxy / load balance requests to our backend radius application. However as I'm sure many of you encounter there are times which require maintenance / upgrades of the backend servers, what is the "best practice" in regards to putting home_servers into maintenance so that freeradiusd doesn't attempt to send traffic to them?

I'm not sure if there is a simple command we can run? Or is the only option to comment out the home_server from the home_server_pool and then kill -1 to the radiusd process?

Brian Carpio