Persistent MySQL connections to arbitrary databases

Jonathan Gazeley jonathan.gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Feb 9 11:59:35 CET 2011

On 02/09/2011 10:38 AM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Jonathan Gazeley wrote:
>> What's the approved method for making radiusd open persistent
>> connections to an arbitrary database, and then using these handles from
>> a perl module?
>
>    Use static variables in the Perl code.  This is really a Perl question.

I'm not sure if this is a wholly Perl question, unless I have misunderstood.

I want radiusd to open the handles at startup, in the same way that it
already opens its own handles.

Then I think I have two options:

1. A module similar to the existing sql module that is capable of
running custom queries, and that should be sufficient to do my
authorization - no Perl needed.

2. A Perl module that is capable of using one from the pool of handles
that radiusd has opened, and will do the query itself.

Are either of these feasible?

Thanks,
Jonathan