Persistent MySQL connections to arbitrary databases

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Feb 9 12:05:59 CET 2011

Jonathan Gazeley wrote:
> I want radiusd to open the handles at startup, in the same way that it
> already opens its own handles.

  Read the "example.pl" file:

# If you are using DBI and do some queries to DB, please be sure to
# use the CLONE function to initialize the DBI connection to DB.

> Then I think I have two options:
>
> 1. A module similar to the existing sql module that is capable of
> running custom queries, and that should be sufficient to do my
> authorization - no Perl needed.

  The existing SQL module is capable of running custom queries.
However, the *results* need to be simple.

> 2. A Perl module that is capable of using one from the pool of handles
> that radiusd has opened, and will do the query itself.
>
> Are either of these feasible?

  The docs && my previous message suggested (2).