AW: AW: AW: AW: Authenticating SSH login on a Cisco IOS switch to AD

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Feb 14 15:06:56 CET 2011

Schaatsbergen, Chris wrote:
> Thanks! Actually in this case I was too early writing the mail (because I was rather annoyed), something I should not allow myself to happen. The radiusd.conf file is documented on the Wiki site (though the link there that should point to the latest version is not working as it points to the currently unexisting http://github.com/alandekok/freeradius-server/blob/stable/raddb/radiusd.conf).

  That should point to "radiusd.conf.in".

> I found the missing piece:
>
> $INCLUDE ${confdir}/modules/
>
> Which should be in (the top of) the modules section.
>
> With that addition freeradius starts without error messages so I can continue Alan DeKoks (excellent) description how to enable AD authentication.

  Most of the "howtos" assume you're running a recent version of the
server.  Some systems have *old* versions of the server.  We're unable
to maintain copies of the documentation for each version of the server.

  This makes life harder for the average admin, but we have to draw the
line somewhere.