AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Authenticating SSH login on a Cisco IOS switch to AD

Schaatsbergen, Chris Chris.Schaatsbergen at aleo-solar.de
Mon Feb 14 16:16:50 CET 2011

Crystal Clear.

So you should never upgrade the existing installation. And if you really do need a new version then you should backup the old installation,  perform a clean new installation and then redo all the configuration you had done before (and hope that it still works). Pity, but on the other hand a very good reason to keep your documentation up to date. Talking about work for the admins :p

I am glad when I have this server up and running, I just have to finish the documentation and can then 'throw it over the wall' to the system administrators ;)

There are actually other programs (Splunk, costs 12k a year) that use different config files for system config and user config. Maybe an idea for a future release of freeradius?