Sending an attribute with the Access-Accept instead of Access-Challenge

Vivek Umasuthan visuthan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 19:50:58 CET 2011

Thanks for the reply.

> use_tunneled_reply = yes
> ...in the "peap {}" section of "eap.conf"

I did this after you mentioned it. Just some more clarification...

> You need to add the attribute in the "inner-tunnel" virtual server,

Do you mean I edit the 'inner-tunnel' file in
/etc/freeradius/sites-available and add the attribute there? In there
should it be added under "update outer.reply {}" section under
"post-auth{}"?

When I tried that, the server complains as shown below upon start....

/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[340]: ERROR: Unknown vendor
name in attribute name "Session-Timout"
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[262]: Errors parsing
post-auth section.

Vivek Umasuthan