Problem with iPods/iTouches

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jan 13 12:03:32 CET 2011

On 12/01/11 21:37, Rob Yamry wrote:
> :
>
>     What if the cert is trusted – does everything work OK?  I’m assuming
>     in your production config the devices will trust the cert, so why
>     spend time troubleshooting a problem that may not exist in
>     production mode?
>

> No it still wont work.   In fact, I install both the ca cert and the
> server cert on the device.  Both install fine and say they are trusted.
> But when I try to connect to the wireless again it says the cert is "not
> verified" (just as in the original case) and the connection fails.
>
> Same goes for the production environment.  This problem is very frustrating!

Hmm. Are you asking for a client cert with PEAP; your original trace has:

[peap]     TLS_accept: Need to read more data: SSLv3 read client
certificate A
In SSL Handshake Phase
In SSL Accept mode
[peap] eaptls_process returned 13
[peap] EAPTLS_HANDLED
++[eap] returns handled
Sending Access-Challenge of id 66 to 10.1.1.1 port 38428