Freeradius on lenny doesn't permit mschap auth

Josip Rodin joy at entuzijast.net
Mon Jan 17 10:54:03 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:20:00AM +0100, David Dumortier wrote:
> > In a complex environment to change a piece of software can have
> > unexpected consequences. And so to change it, it demands long testing
> > procedures for several teams.
>
> I will try to find a mschap string with a second installation on a
> second server.

This was supposed to be the solution to the showstopper from the get-go.
The client and the server simply do not have to be installed from the same
source on the same machine. Adding a new machine with newer software for a
specific purpose is usually a triviality these days.

As usual, it would have helped if all parties would have steered away from
snappy remarks. Rather than do that, it's often simpler and eminently more
productive to keep silent.

(Yes, I know I've said this before. Repetitio est mater studiorum.)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.