New to the lists

Tom Samplonius tom.samplonius at uniserveteam.com
Sat Jan 22 04:26:40 CET 2011

> I have a curious question though. Since the current version is
> substantially older than what we’re moving to, how will this affect
> the sql database? Will I be able to install the newest version of
> FreeRADIUS and just perform a mysql dump from the old server to the
> new one?

  It will depend on your current schema.  The queries used by FreeRADIUS could have be customized.  Even if they haven't been customized, it is possible the default changed between version.

  If they are different, you will need to move the queries from the config of your old server, and incorporate them into the config of the the new FreeRADIUS install.  If the queries are the same, then you can just copy the database.

> Thanks in advance,
>

> -Tim

Tom