Include directive for separate ippool configs not working

Tom De Vylder tom at penumbra.be
Fri Jul 1 16:35:38 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'd like to integrate freeradius into a config management framework.
In order for this to work with multiple ippool instances I've decided to create a ippool.d/ directory containing several config files.

I've tried to put the following line in several places:

$INCLUDE /etc/freeradius/ippool.d/

E.g.:
- At the end of modules {},
- Below a working ippool main_pool {}, which resides inside modules {}
- Inside instantiate {}
- authorize {)
- ...

Nothing seems to work.

Freeradius -X starts the service correctly. I can see my configs are loaded.
However anything that's defined inside them just doesn't show up.

I'm running the current Debian stable package (2.1.10).

> FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.10, for host x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, built on Nov 14 2010 at 21:12:30
> Copyright (C) 1999-2009 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors.
> There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
> PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
> You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
> GNU General Public License v2.
> Starting - reading configuration files ...
> including configuration file /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf
> including configuration file /etc/freeradius/proxy.conf
> including configuration file /etc/freeradius/clients.conf
> including configuration file /etc/freeradius/snmp.conf
> including configuration file /etc/freeradius/eap.conf
> including configuration file /etc/freeradius/sql.conf
> including files in directory /etc/freeradius/ippool.d/
> including configuration file /etc/freeradius/ippool.d/foobar.conf
>
> main {
>         allow_core_dumps = no
> }
> including dictionary file /etc/freeradius/dictionary
> main {
>
> [ ... ]
>
> Listening on authentication address * port 1812
> Listening on accounting address * port 1813
> Listening on proxy address * port 1814
> Ready to process requests.

Kind regards,
Tom De Vylder