Include directive for separate ippool configs not working

Tom De Vylder tom at penumbra.be
Mon Jul 4 10:31:52 CEST 2011

On 04 Jul 2011, at 10:19, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Tom De Vylder <tom at penumbra.be> wrote:
>> On 01 Jul 2011, at 19:44, Alan DeKok wrote:
>
>> pool1.conf:
>> ippool main_pool {
>>            range-start = 192.168.10.1
>>            range-stop = 192.168.10.254
>>            [ ... ]
>>    }
>> pool2.conf
>>    ippool secondary_pool {
>>            range-start = 192.168.11.1
>>            range-stop = 192.168.11.254
>>            [ ... ]
>>    }
>>
>> Source: http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_ippool, section custom configuration.

>>>  Uh... no.  The $INCLUDE statement includes the files or directory you
>>> name, in the place of the $INCLUDE statement.
>>
>> According to the log file it doesn't look that way. So I assumed it wasn't the case.
>> Hence the question.

>>>  Wonderful.  You didn't follow the existing examples or documentation,
>>> and you tried a bunch of random things in the hope that they might work.
>>
>> Being all-knowing as you are you also should've know I actually did rtfm.
>> Couldn't find anything useful and indeed tried a bunch of random things, thankyouverymuch.
>>
>>>  Each module configuration goes into the "modules" section.  This is
>>> documented, and numerous examples are given.  There are even examples of
>>> configuring multiple instances of a module.  There are even examples of
>>> *using* multiple instances of a module.
>>
>> Judging by the look of radiusd.conf and the examples there I wouldn't even guess needing multiple instances of ippool.
>> See example above. Both ip pools are configured in a single instance in a single module{} section.
>
> The config you wrote defines two instances of ipool:
>
>> ippool main_pool {
>
> that's the first instance
>
>>    ippool secondary_pool {
>
> ... and that's the second instance.
>
> It doesn't really matter (functionality-wise) whether they're on the
> same or different files, or even directly inside modules section of
> radiusd.conf.
>

>> What I wanted to accomplish was to simply split both ippool $name {} sections into a separate ippool-$name.conf file.
>
> Well, just split it. As long as it's included inside modules section
> of radiusd.conf, it should work. Try using something like this on
> radiusd.conf:
>
> modules {
>        $INCLUDE ${confdir}/modules/
>        $INCLUDE ${confdir}/ippool.d/
> }

That's the very first thing I've tried. :)

Configs are loaded, but the configuration inside them just doesn't show up.
>From the log file:

including files in directory /etc/freeradius/ippool.d/
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/ippool.d/ippool-config1.conf
including configuration file /etc/freeradius/ippool.d/ippool-config2.conf

However none of the configuration settings show up.
When I grep for session-db on the logs with radius running in debug mode only the one from main_pool shows up.