Include directive for separate ippool configs not working

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Jul 4 10:47:38 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Tom De Vylder <tom at penumbra.be> wrote:
>> Well, just split it. As long as it's included inside modules section
>> of radiusd.conf, it should work. Try using something like this on
>> radiusd.conf:
>>
>> modules {
>>        $INCLUDE ${confdir}/modules/
>>        $INCLUDE ${confdir}/ippool.d/
>> }
>
> That's the very first thing I've tried. :)
>
> Configs are loaded, but the configuration inside them just doesn't show up.

Now we're getting somewhere. Good.

> >From the log file:
>
> including files in directory /etc/freeradius/ippool.d/
> including configuration file /etc/freeradius/ippool.d/ippool-config1.conf
> including configuration file /etc/freeradius/ippool.d/ippool-config2.conf

That's not in your first mail (instead it was foobar.conf)

> However none of the configuration settings show up.
> When I grep for session-db on the logs with radius running in debug mode only the one from main_pool shows up.

IIRC modules are initialized when something (e.g. post-auth section)
calls it. So check:
- what are your ippool instance names? Are they still "main_pool" and
"secondary_pool"? If yes, main_pool might conflict with ippool.conf.
- are you including "secondary_pool" anywhere in post-auth?

If you want more help, paste the complete output of radiusd -X during
startup AND when an access-request comes.

--
Fajar