FreeRadius 2.1.10 with Oracle support under Fedora 14

Aurélien Lafranchise aurelien_lafranchise at snype.org
Tue Jul 5 14:12:38 CEST 2011

2011/7/5 Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net>

> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 6:13 PM, Aurélien Lafranchise
> <aurelien_lafranchise at snype.org> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > It might be redondant with another but slightly different.
> >
> > I have installed FreeRadius thanks to yum over Fedora 14. Everything went
> > fine and was working fine until I need to add the Oracle support to have
> the
> > accounting working with on Oracle database.
> > When I needed LDAP support I installed the package
> freeradius-ldap.x86_64.
> > Unfortunately I can't find the same for Oracle and I don't think it is
> > already installed in the basic package.
> > When I configured sql.conf and activate in site-available/default the
> > accounting sql section I get this error :
> > /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[393]: Failed to load module "sql".
> > /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[360]: Errors parsing accounting section.
> > Could you help me to find a solution ?
> > Cheers
> > Aurélien
>
> Short version, you need to compile oracle support yourself. There
> won't be any distro ship with freeradius-oracle due to lincense issue
> (well, except Oracle Linux, if they want to).

I don't understand why, because the instant client is a free tool so why not
use it directly in the FreeRadius package ? It exists a Oracle package for
Perl...

Do you think that the UnixODBC will handle that ?

> What's wrong the 2.1.11 that you compiled earlier?

Two problems with 2.1.11 :

   - firstly, it was a mess on my server because I mixed the two versions
   - secondly, I compile but it was not ok with Oracle (don't know why), and
   I am using chkconfig for configuring the services and I didn't manage
   start/stop/restart with the service command.

All your help is very appreciated !
Thanks
Aurélien