FreeRadius 2.1.10 with Oracle support under Fedora 14

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Jul 6 00:06:06 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 10:02 PM, Aurélien Lafranchise
<aurelien_lafranchise at snype.org> wrote:
> I putted rlm_sql_oracle-2.1.11.so in  /usr/lib64/freeradius/ and create the
> symbolic link on /usr/lib64/freeradius/rlm_sql_oracle.so
> but :
> Could not link driver rlm_sql_oracle: file not found
> Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in the search path of
> your system's ld.
> /etc/raddb/sql.conf[22]: Instantiation failed for module "sql"
> /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[393]: Failed to load module "sql".
> /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[360]: Errors parsing accounting section.
> Could it be because I compile a 2.1.11 version and putted
> the rlm_sql_oracle-2.1.11.so on a 2.1.10 ?

That's why I said earlier it's better to rebuild the RPM with modified
SPEC file. One of the reasons was to avoid version and location mess.
John posted an additional link earlier with more useful information.

If you want to mix RPM and self-compiled module, better use it from
the same version, as there might be some incompatible changes between
versions.

--
Fajar