Trying multiple realms

Charles Plater ab3189 at wayne.edu
Wed Jul 27 17:14:27 CEST 2011

On Jul 26, 2011, at 4:36 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:

> Charles Plater wrote:
>> Is there any way to try multiple realms inside an update control
>> statement? What I want to do is try proxying to one realm, and if that
>> fails trying the credentials via the local ream. Thanks in advance.
>
>  Read raddb/proxy.conf.  Look for the home server pool section.
>
>  This works, and is documented.

If I'm reading raddb/proxy.conf correctly home_server_pool allows for fail-over and load-balancing configurations. In my case I was to try the same credentials against multiple servers. I'm currently using this bit of unlang to send some requests to another radius server:

	if (User-Name !~ /^..[0-9][0-9][0-9].*$/) {
		update control {
			Proxy-To-Realm := 'med.wayne.edu'

What I'm looking at doing is to retry failed proxy attempts locally. Is this possible?

--
Charles Plater
Lead Application Technical Analyst
ab3189 at wayne.edu