One client, multiple NAS-Port-Types

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Wed Jun 1 19:53:47 CEST 2011

DaveA <daldwinc at uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> I am looking for some guidance on configuring clients that will send
> requests with different NAS-Port-Type???s.
>
> Devices: HP Procurve, Cisco, Aruba wireless controllers
> Possible NAS-Port-Types: Ethernet, Virtual, Wireless, Async
>
> Ex., for an HP procurve switch, the possibilities will be:
> 1.      CLI access (admin) ??? NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
> 2.      802.1X (users) ??? Nas-Port-Type = Ethernet
>
> In this case, I would like to send CLI and 802.1x requests to different
> virtual servers, because I accomplish #1 painlessly with ldap, and #2 gets
> more complicated with ads and eduroam in the mix.

The switch (NAS) will support sending those different requests to
different RADIUS servers.  Assign two different IP's to your RADIUS
servers and send the relevent request to the relevent FreeRADIUS virtual
server.

The solution is in the NAS, not FreeRADIUS :)

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Them as has, gets.