Problem with rml_sqlcounter with GigaByte datavolume

YvesDM ydmlog at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 19:42:18 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 1:22 AM, Hanno Schupp <hanno.schupp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> can I ask for some pointers please. in my FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.8, for
> host x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (Ubuntu LTS 10.04) installation I have followed the
> Gigabyte instructions on the FreeRADIUS wiki's FAQ
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/FAQ#Why+do+Acct-Input-Octets+and+Acct-Output-Octets+wrap+at+4+GB%3F.
> The Usage is calculated correctly, but the check_item value is not what I
> expect to see (1.7 GB as opposed th 6GB set in radcheck). I understand who
> the system determines the counter value and it is correctly calculated, but
> where does the check_item vlaue of 1.7GB come from? I have no idea to be
> truthful.

Sqlcounter also wraps at 4GB in its reply.
Your "6GB" is actually 5722.045 MB, then wraps at 4GB so 1,7GB left and this
is replied ;-)
As far as I know there's no integrated solution to this unless you change
the source code.
Most people solve this by using rlm_perl if I'm not mistaking. Make your
perl calculate and reply gigawords + remaining bytes when values are >4GB
Ps Make sure your coova-chilli is equal or >1.0.13, else it won't understand
gigawords replies

Kind regards,
Y.