different acctuniqueids with common keys?

andrew at sybaweb.com andrew at sybaweb.com
Fri Jun 17 20:53:43 CEST 2011

 I have a curious problem with my FreeRADIUS 2.1.10 installation. I'm
 using a PostgresQL backend and something close to the default config.

 It seems that sometimes (judging from the value of affected sessions
 this is a fairly rare occurrence) a duplicate entry is added to the
 radacct table which has a different acctuniqueid to its related
 duplicate entries.

 Relevant radconf2xml snippet is:

 <acct_unique>
 <key>User-Name, Acct-Session-Id, NAS-IP-Address, Client-IP-Address,
 NAS-Port</key>
 </acct_unique>

 Related entries I'm looking at in the radacct table are: username,
 acctsessionid, nasipaddress, framedipaddress, nasportid. I have checked
 these with a script and confirmed that I have a number of entries which
 share all these attributes yet have different acctuniqueids.

 This is a problem for me since it causes my billing software to
 overconsume usage. I could change this to not use acctuniqueid, but a
 fixed acctuniqueid would make my life easier.

 Any ideas?

 Best,
 -AL.