Send response to client

Christ Schlacta lists at aarcane.org
Mon Jun 27 07:55:05 CEST 2011

is it at all possible to send a message to a windows 7 or windows vista
client that the client is guaranteed to see when authentication is rejected?
more details:
wireless WPA2-EAP-TLS on a Ubiquiti PicoStation 2 firmware 5.3.2 (I
believe it includes some form of hostapd, but I'm not sure which version)
Freeradius Version 2.1.9
Clients running Windows 7 or Windows Vista with no special software
installed.  the procedure is OS, Wired Driver, ethernet cable, Windows
Update once for drivers, Wireless certificate, connect to Wifi, (Note
this point) finish updates.

It's at the Note this point point that I want the clients to be able to
recieve a rejection response with some level of certainty.  what users
add to their system later is welcome to break it, if they're willing to
deal with it.