Duplicate virtual server "xxx" always hits on HUP

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Jun 30 10:45:50 CEST 2011

After upgrading to 2.1.11 I've noticed that I always get a
"Duplicate virtual server" error when HUPing the server. This is
obviously a result of the change in commit 5a710e98 but I have no idea
how to fix it.

Steps to recreate from a fresh and default FreeRADIUS 2.1.11
installation:

 1) start the server with default configuration
 2) kill -HUP <pid>

The server will complain about one of the virtual servers being a
duplicate, listing the exact same config line for both defintions:

 Duplicate virtual server "inner-tunnel" in file /usr/local/tmp/fr-20110630/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel:11 and file /usr/local/tmp/fr-20110630/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel:11

This will always be the "inner-tunnel" virtual server with the default
configuration.  I guess that's a result of the name hashing.

Full debug output from "radiusd -X" follows below

Bjørn