Secondary LDAP server

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 15:22:44 CET 2011

On 03/08/2011 11:28 PM, McNutt, Justin M. wrote:
> It's not anywhere in the config files, but I did find where RedHat hid
> the doc/* files. There's a
> /usr/share/doc/freeradius-2.1.7/configurable_failover that looks like
> what I need. Goes into some decent detail, too.

We don't hide anything :-) /usr/share/doc is the standard canonical
documentation location for all FHS compliant Unix implementations. It's
the first place you should look for documentation. Sometimes
documentation is contained in optional subpackages which must be
explicitly installed, this varies by package and is meant to address
disk space issues. Our FreeRADIUS packaging does not currently have a
separate doc package, so if you install the primary freeradius package
you get the doc.

If you ever have questions concerning FreeRADIUS on Red Hat you may want
to consult this FAQ. It includes such information as how to find where
files are located.

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

Also since you're running on RHEL support should be available to you
from Red Hat as a RHEL customer.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?