$75.00 USD Bounty

Craig Campbell craig.campbell at ccraft.ca
Mon Mar 21 18:21:13 CET 2011

re:  "Why do you say it's deprecated?"

>From the source code, ..scripts/exec-program-wait
  #  Before version 2.0 of FreeRADIUS, the script could be run from the
  #  deprecated attributes 'Exec-Program' and 'Exec-Program-Wait'.
  #  However, these attributes are no longer supported and you have to
  #  use the module 'rlm_exec' instead.
  #
  #  An entry for the module 'rlm_exec' must be added to the file
  #  'radiusd.conf' with the path of the script.
hence my attempts during my last upgrade to migrate to the new and improved method that will be used going forward.

re: "If you can be more specific about what you're trying to do"

My specific requirement is to port the logic of multiple entries in the users file to the new method.
The existing entries are like,

DEFAULT Auth-Type := Accept

        Exec-Program-Wait = "/usr/local/sbin/auth -X -U -- %{User-Name} %{User-Password} %{%{Called-Station-Id}:-Missing} %{%{NAS-IP-Address}:-Missing} %{%{Calling-Station-Id}:-Missing} %{%{NAS-Port-Type}:-Missing} %{Vendor-Specific}" ,

        Fall-Through = no

I'd like to migrate to the 'new and improved' method before I hit an upgrade where it becomes non optional.  I am not the original (also craig) poster who has a similar but more immediate requirement using a perl script.

Thanks,
-the other craig