ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue May 17 21:08:40 CEST 2011

Jim Whitescarver wrote:
> But, after sucessfully calling our python module the user is rejected
>
> ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request:
> Rejecting the user

   Don't edit the default configuration and break it.

> Below is the complete log.
>
> Any ideas of what we may be doing wrong?

  (1) Run the server in debugging mode.  "-Xx" gives *too* much information

  (2) If you 3ant to use the "users" file, *DON'T* delete "files" from
the "authorize" section.

  All of the work you put into "simplifying" the configuration files was
wasted.  If you don't understand how the server works, change as little
as possible.

  Read "man radiusd", and see the DEBUGGING section.  It gives
*EXPLICIT* instructions for how to change the configuration of the
server.  Follow them.

  This is documented.  Following the documentation helps.