ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user

Jim Whitescarver jimscarver at gmail.com
Tue May 17 22:17:04 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
> Jim Whitescarver wrote:
>> But, after sucessfully calling our python module the user is rejected
>>
>> ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request:
>> Rejecting the user
>
>   Don't edit the default configuration and break it.

The only thing we want is python authentication.  I just commented out
everything else.  I will start again and try to minimize edits.  I am
rather clueless about the nature the minimum edits should have.

It seems that every configuration file needs python in every section
for it to be recognized.

>> Any ideas of what we may be doing wrong?
>
>  (1) Run the server in debugging mode.  "-Xx" gives *too* much information
>
>  (2) If you 3ant to use the "users" file, *DON'T* delete "files" from
> the "authorize" section.

I don't think we want to use the "users" file.  We only want to call
the python module for any request.

>  All of the work you put into "simplifying" the configuration files was
> wasted.  If you don't understand how the server works, change as little
> as possible.

We will try again.

It's not clear why we would leave other stuff in if we are not using
anything but the python module.

Thanks for the tips.

Jim.