wifi + freeradius + mysql + eap/tls

specr ellanosv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 21:12:25 CET 2011

Hi guys,

I've just installed a freeradius+mysql on a debian 6.0.3, first test from
localhost with radtest and mysql user auth (radcheck table) worked well, 2nd
test with radeaptest with mysql and md5 eap method worked well too, but I
don't find a way to make it work with eap+tls:

Here's my error output:

*[peap] <<< TLS 1.0 Alert [length 0002], fatal unknown_ca
TLS Alert read:fatal:unknown CA
    TLS_accept: failed in SSLv3 read client certificate A
rlm_eap: SSL error error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert
unknown ca
SSL: SSL_read failed inside of TLS (-1), TLS session fails.
TLS receive handshake failed during operation*

For what I've read, either I must create my own certs for eap+tls or I can
disable TLS, for the 1st, I've followed 'n' guides on the web but none seems
to work for me and for the second, I just dont find where to disable the eap
with TLS.

I don't really want to use TLS, so if you help me to disable TLS, it'll be
fine for me.

Please, I'd very much apreciatte your assistance.

Thanks in advance.