freeradius 2.1.7-7.el5 - How to get vendor specific attributes from LDAP

Jakub Pech jakub.pech at spinoco.com
Thu Nov 24 15:43:37 CET 2011

Hi,

 >Normally an ldap attribute will be translated as a radius check or
reply item, not both (which is what you did).
First I had only "radius check". I added "radius reply" later while testing.
I'm almost sure that that is not the cause of my problem.

Please can anybody send me the steps to get some attribute from LDAP
server? Mayby I've only missed some configuration step or something like
that.
1. Do I have to run the LDAP service on the same server as I'm running
freeradius?
2. Do I have to add my LDAP schema to some freeradius configuration file?

I did:
1/set up the connection with remote LDAP server
2/set radius check item in ldap.attrmap.

Thanks for the help, I'm googling it 4th day in a row.

Jakub