Radius Server Doesn't Communicate AP

Tim Sylvester tim.sylvester at networkradius.com
Mon Oct 3 00:17:35 CEST 2011

Step 1. Try pinging the AP from the CentOS box. If that doesn't work, then
you definitely have a network problem.

Step 2. Disable the firewall on the CentOS box (/etc/init.d/iptables stop).
Then try pinging the CentOS box from the AP and then pinging the AP from the
CentOS box. If that works, then try RADIUS from the AP again.

Step 3. If ping works but RADIUS doesn't then run tcpdump on the CentOS box
to see if AP is sending RADIUS packets to the CentOS box. # tcpdump host <IP
address of the AP>

Try these three things. If you still have problems, then send the results of
these tests to the list. My guess is that the firewall is running on the
CentOS box. The default configuration for CentOS and RHEL is to have the
firewall enabled and blocking RADIUS - UDP ports 1812-1813.

Tim

From:
freeradius-users-bounces+tim.sylvester=networkradius.com at lists.freeradius.or