Trying to configure Cisco WLC 5500 for radius auth

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Oct 5 17:05:35 CEST 2011

On 05/10/11 15:49, Jefferson Davis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Trying to configure our cisco WLC's to play nice with freeradius...
> Looking for some pointers to get the two of them talking. Will have
> windows, linux, and personal devices like smartphones connecting, though
> I suspect the bulk will be smartphones. I would rather not hand out the
> PSK to users as I know this will get loose.
>
> I have set up a WLAN for this but it does not seem to be talking to
> freeradius. Will the traffic be coming from the WLC or the designated
> WLAN for the SSID?

This is not a FreeRADIUS question - you should ask on a Cisco list; and
your question is way too vague.

What does "play nice with FreeRADIUS" mean?

Are you trying to setup a WPA-Enterprise (username/password
authenticated) WLAN? Or an open WLAN with web auth? Or an open wlan with
MAC-based auth?

You need to read the documentation for your WLC.