Dynamic Attributes Based on NAS Type !

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Oct 9 19:34:35 CEST 2011

Stefan A. wrote:
> I never talked about sending policies to the NAS.

  That *was* the subject of conversation.  If you're not going to talk
about that, start a new thread.

> The question was, what would be the recommendation, if the RADIUS client is
> a RADIUS Proxy server (..in between the original NAS and my FR...)
> In that case, "%{client:nas_type}" won't work, because it would always be
> the same (... proxy server....)

  Uh... the "nas_type" field is whatever you want.  Put in "nas_type =
proxy" for a proxy server.  You can then key off of that, and send *no*
NAS-specific attributes back.

> Would one use "%{NAS-ID}" instead of "%{client:nas_type}"?

  No.  The NAS-Identifier is created by the NAS, which may be 2-3 hops
away from the proxy.