Timestamp missing from accounting start

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 20 16:47:21 CEST 2011

Barry Botha wrote:
> I've recently upgraded to Freeradius 2.1 from 1.9.

  There is no "2.1" version, and no "1.9" version.

  What do you really mean?

> I launch an exec script with:
> Exec bdns {
>
>         wait = no
>         program = " /dns-update.php %{User-Name} %{Acct-Status-Type}
> %{Framed-IP-Address} %{Timestamp}"
>         input_pairs = request
>         packet_type = Accounting-Request
>
> }
>
> Since the upgrade I've been getting this error:
>
> [bbar-dns] WARNING: Unknown module "Timestamp" in string expansion "%"

  There never was a "Timestamp" attribute.

> When I inspect the Accounting-Request it has no Timestamp:

  Yes.  There is an attribute called "Event-Timestamp", but if it's not
sent by the NAS, it won't exist.

> Any ideas why I'm getting no {Timestamp}

  Timestamp never existed.

  If you want the time when the server received a packet, see
doc/variables.txt.

  You probably want %{%{Event-Timestamp}:-%l}

  See "man unlang" for a description of that syntax.