Quick enable/disable user account.

rauch.holger at googlemail.com rauch.holger at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 14 14:26:52 CEST 2011

Hi Arran,

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

> [...]
> No. It's SQL,

I didn't question it's SQL, I just said that knowing
SQL all by itself is not enough.

> you can alter the query so that it only returns 'enabled' users.

If you talk about altering queries, you assume that someone also has
knowledge about the data model (table and column names, in particular).

> It has nothing to do with FreeRADIUS,

Are you saying that table and column names are the same *in every* SQL-based
RADIUS implementation? (I doubt that tables and columns share the same names
accross different RADIUS implementations).

> [...]
> The point of the list is to help users who are stuck with a particular question or concept. Not for those who are too lazy to try and figure things out themselves.

How do you really *know* the OP was "too lazy"? Maybe the documentation
wasn't understood (but in this case the OP could have mentioned that in his
post). IMHO, the OP made one big mistake: not pointing out clearly his own
effort. On the other hand, it's also not right to infer that someone is too
lazy just because he hasn't mentioned whether he has tried anything by
himself.

Greetings,

   Holger