Nomadix VSA

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Apr 5 08:12:12 CEST 2012

Andrew Long wrote:
> I am trying to implement two of the Nomadix VSA's, Nomadix-BW-Up and
> Nomadix-BW-Down. They are included in the dictionary.nomadix that
> shipped with my installed version, 2.1.8 running on CentOS.

  OK.

> I am using a MySQL backend and have tried adding the attributes in
> radgroupreply (for user group) and radreply (for user), both without
> success. I have tried +=, ==, and := as operators, also without
> success.

  Trying random operators won't help.  You need to understand the
problem in order to solve it.

> raddiusd -X does not complain about any of these, and the user
> authenticates but has a full pipe for BW, rather than the designated
> 768/256 Down/Up.

  Did you *read* the debug output?  Saying "it doesn't complain" is a
start, but what's in the Access-Accept?  Do you know *why* reading the
Access-Accept is important?

> Any help would be hugely appreciated as I'm working under a deadline.

  No one here cares about your deadline.  This isn't a paid support
list, where you can demand a service level.