Nomadix VSA

Andrew Long fursink at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 13:18:43 CEST 2012

>> I am trying to implement two of the Nomadix VSA's, Nomadix-BW-Up and
>> Nomadix-BW-Down. They are included in the dictionary.nomadix that
>> shipped with my installed version, 2.1.8 running on CentOS.
>
>  OK.
>
>> I am using a MySQL backend and have tried adding the attributes in
>> radgroupreply (for user group) and radreply (for user), both without
>> success. I have tried +=, ==, and := as operators, also without
>> success.
>
>  Trying random operators won't help.  You need to understand the
> problem in order to solve it.
>
>> raddiusd -X does not complain about any of these, and the user
>> authenticates but has a full pipe for BW, rather than the designated
>> 768/256 Down/Up.
>
>  Did you *read* the debug output?  Saying "it doesn't complain" is a
> start, but what's in the Access-Accept?  Do you know *why* reading the
> Access-Accept is important?
>
>> Any help would be hugely appreciated as I'm working under a deadline.
>
>  No one here cares about your deadline.  This isn't a paid support
> list, where you can demand a service level.
>
>  Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Alan, I certainly did not mean to demand anything. I am immensely
grateful for the time you and others spend to help others. I did
indeed read the dubug, but did not include it yet because I felt my
question might get a bit like a novel. I spent all night trying to
understand this, and, since the question has changed a bit, I will
start a new thread which I think contains all the relevent data.