linelog and accounting informations

vazoumana fofana zoumlander at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 2 16:21:48 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I 've almost reolved trouble.
Indeed, i actived accounting on my nas to make acounting running.

But i felt my nas or something else is bugged.

When a connection is sucessful , i can see packets on port 1812 and 1813. But after 20 seconds, i see log accounting wich announced

Acct-Status-Type = Stop
        Acct-Input-Octets = 18014
        Acct-Output-Octets = 58987
        Acct-Input-Packets = 190
        Acct-Output-Packets = 98
        Acct-Terminate-Cause = Lost-Service
        Acct-Session-Time = 16

In fact, i didn't lost connectivity because client is always there and running without trouble.

So i want to understand something.
For accounting packets, is this radius server who requets "accounting fields" to the NAs controller ? When a client is disconnected for any reasons, how does it warn Nas controller ?Does the Nas wontroller role to warn radius server when it looses a client ?

 Best regards.