linelog and accounting informations

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Aug 2 17:49:32 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 02:21:48PM +0000, vazoumana fofana wrote:
> For accounting packets, is this radius server who requets
> "accounting fields" to the NAs controller ? When a client is
> disconnected for any reasons, how does it warn Nas controller
> ?Does the Nas wontroller role to warn radius server when it
> looses a client ?

The NAS informs the RADIUS server; the RADIUS server doesn't
"request" the information.

So when a client is disconnected, the NAS notices and sends an
appropriate Accounting packet.

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>